I've been a bad, bad blogger. I aim to post every Friday, but here lately life has just gotten in the way. I had two days off from work last week and my goal was to finish the second yellow nightstand and work some more on the aqua chair. Alas, I accomplished neither. Instead, since the weather was nice, I moved half a ton of river rock redoing a flower bed. Talk about a work out! (I do live in the south so the weather is nicer more often than not, but since I had willing help I wasn't about to turn down free labor!) I didn't take any before and after pictures, but the before was a bunch of weeds and the after is a bunch of rocks. :)
Last week, Laura over at Our Prarie Home awarded me the Liebster Blog Award.
Laura does a much better job explaining it on her blog, but the award is given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers (no problem here meeting that criteria!). Liebster is a German word meaning dear, sweet, kind, nice, good, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. I don't speak one word of German, so I'll just have to take her word for all the things it means.
Thank you so very much Laura! I am truly honored to be included with your other choices. Compared to those ladies I'm an amateur, but I do give myself an A+ for effort! (Ok, ok, so here lately it's more like a B-...) Being recognized and getting new followers is like hitting the lottery. You all should check out Laura's blog. The girl's funny, has some great crafting ideas, and always finds awesome treasures at "junque" stores.
To keep this award going and pass it along to other new deserving blogs, I have to recognize five other bloggers with less than 200 followers that have stood out from the crowd.
The rules for the Liebster Award are:
1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Have faith that your followers will spread the love too!
So, here are my 5 blogs, in no particular order:
1. Aimee from It's Overflowing. Yes, I also gave her the Versatile Blogger award, but what can I say, I just love her blog. I was going to try to make chalk paint pumpkins like hers, but the Dollar Store was out of pumpkins and they were $5 each at Wal-mart. Booo!!
2. Barbara from 21 Rosemary Lane. Barbara has some serious decorating style. And that coffee trifle with toasted almonds...YUMMY!!!
3. Aimee from Twigg Studios. Oh, if only I could sew so I could make some of her awesome projects. Cute little fabric roses, ruffled bib necklaces. Must. Learn. To. Sew. Yes, she's the second Aimee on the list. One of my best friends is named Aimee, so it's fitting.
4. Krista from Sew Inspired. Again, must learn to sew. However, she has some great tutorials for us non-sewers. She even has an etsy shop where she sells some of her projects.
5. Andrea from Just Down the Hall. Lovely blog, lovely projects. Written in such a sweet, humble style.
So there are my 5 picks! Please go check them out. Get some ideas! Become a new follower!
Look for a new transformation tomorrow, I'm just searching for a before picture (you'll see why).