Friday, May 18, 2012

A Light for Mother's Day

I don't have a new project to share with you today. I spent most of this past weekend with my Mom and Grandma for Mother's Day so I wasn't able to complete any of my works-in-progress. Some things are just more important than projects! We three had a lovely weekend. We went to a nice dinner, visited the local thrift stores, hit up an estate sale, and just enjoyed each other's company. I did manage to get quite the haul of red velvet ribbon at the estate sale. A 25 yard spool for $0.50! I got four spools. I haven't quite figured out what to do with them yet. Any one have any Christmas themed ideas for velvet ribbon?

The highlight of my shopping trips was coming across this gorgeous little vintage light in the local Habitat for Humanity Restore. Since my fur-babies didn't get me anything for Mother's Day I decided to get myself a present! It was all of $5. The detail on the fixture is amazing. Oh, how I do love thrifting!



No comments:

Post a Comment