My step-father requested that I make him this cake for his recent birthday. It was a big hit! He said it might be the best cake I've made so far--and I've made LOTS of cakes. I'm suspecting it's the copious amounts of butter and sugar that make this cake so yummy! This is definitely not a low fat cake but as I like to say, all things in moderation. Without further ado, here is the cream cheese pound cake recipe.
CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE
- 1 c. margarine
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 8oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 3 c. sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 c. plain flour minus 1 tbsp
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Combine the first three ingredients (margarine, butter, cream cheese) and beat well.
- Gradually add sugar and beat until light and fluffy (approximately 5 minutes).
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Gradually add flour and beat well.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour into well greased 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake at 325 for 1 hour 30 min (or until cake tests done).
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes then remove and cool completely.
I'm not sure what gave the outside of the cake all those pits (anyone know?) but it certainly didn't affect the taste!!