Friday, August 26, 2011

A Sneak Peek

I had asked my grandmother to be on the lookout for some wooden cabinets for my next project. And boy did she deliver.  She picked up these SOLID WOOD cabinets for me at the astounding price of $45! But, it wasn't just one set of upper cabinets. That's right, she picked up a total of three, yes THREE, solid wood cabinets for me at the bargain price of $45--TOTAL. (Oh, how I do love thrifting!) There are two sets of upper cabinets and one lower set with a sink (a re-do with said sink piece is forthcoming). Right now the cabinets are "pickled". Which I had never heard of before, but apparently it was popular in the 80's. Perhaps we wanted our kitchen cabinets to match our acid washed jeans. No? But I digress. If you are unfamiliar with pickling, it's similar to whitewashing. Here is a picture of one set of the upper cabinets in it's current pickled glory.


And just to prove to you that they truly were $45, here is a picture of the receipt.


Stay tuned to see how I transform these pickled cabinets into something a bit more modern (and pretty!).

No comments:

Post a Comment