Friday, August 5, 2011

My First Post--An Introduction!!

Hi there and welcome! I'm Amanda and I love nothing more than taking a piece of unloved, outdated furniture and turning it into something beautiful with a little love and creativity and LOTS of elbow grease. I want everyone to know that they can transform their home into a lovely, peaceful abode with a little patience and without spending oodles of money on brand new things. More importantly I want you to be inspired!

Most of the projects you'll see featured are from around my own home. After purchasing my first home I quickly discovered that I didn't have the budget to fill it with furniture showroom pieces. And why would I want to?!? You can find quality pieces at yard sales, thrift stores, curbside, via dumpster diving...the possibilities are endless if you just have an open mind and a willingness to try.

Hopefully the following pages will provide you with some inspiration to finish--or start-- that project that has been sitting in your garage gathering dust, or for finally mustering the courage to repaint that outdated but fabulously shaped piece in your own home!

~~A  

No comments:

Post a Comment